Sunday, May 25, 2008

The First Horseman?

Now, I have never seen an Uwe Boll movie from beginning to end. But I'm told he's awful. And from what I have seen of his movies (mostly movies that ended up scraped off the inside of the toilet seat and stuck on the SciFi channel in between other crappy movies) proves that the general consensus that he's the most talentless director since Ed Wood could well be true. You do have to give him some props for getting angry enough to beat up five of his critics in real-life boxing matches, but then again, if that's the point you have to go to to make people stop making fun of you, you should probably re-examine what it is you are doing in the first place.

That being said, I found a hilarious tidbit on the internet (as I tend to do, from time to time). Petitiononline.com is a place for people with gripes to start petitions, after which they find out how few people actually give a damn about what they've spent the last few months bitching about. However, the online petition to get Uwe Boll to take his hands (some say tentacles? elder god Boll?) off of movies permanently has over 283,000 signatures as of this moment. Considering this suggests that 283,000 people have actually seen a Uwe Boll movie, that's pretty amazing in itself.

Comments on the petition left by signatories include:

Please stop before more damage can be done
My ass could make a better film than you Please, just stop. There is no need for you to make anymore films.
The film world is just fine without you.
Your movies make me feel funny

And, perhaps the comment that sums up how most people seem to feel about Uwe Boll:

All your films are penis


Please note, Mr. Boll, if you find this, that I haven't seen your movies, I just think this interesting web trend of wanting to track you down and fillet you like juicy carp guts is hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. I've never even heard of this guy before nor have I watched any of his movies. I might watch Zombie Massacre when it finally comes out, though.

    ReplyDelete