Monday, October 13, 2008

The Wasp

As I was watching a documentary about Akira Kurosawa, a wasp almost the size of my thumb flew up from the heating grate of my room and, after flying around the ceiling, circled the lamp before landing in its dish. After a few seconds of cooking under the four lightbulbs, the wasp zoomed out, bounced off several walls, and finally came to rest in the shadow of my chair. It did this again a few minutes later, and again, before flying off to try its love with the cooler fluorescent lamp in the kitchen instead.

There was something very appropriate about that wasp while I was watching Kurosawa.

2 comments:

  1. This is another great blog entry. You're on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you. Send me an email with a more extensive update of your happenings, your blog only gives me a glimpse. I want to know all.

    ReplyDelete