Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Drafting

Version 1: Oblique

Dear neighbor,
I believe the prolonged and loud banging on my wall I have experienced intermittently over the last few weeks is coming from your apartment. I hope that you will find whatever is making this noise and correct it, as it is becoming increasingly obnoxious to me.

Version 2: Sarcastic

Dear neighbor,
I am pleased to hear, frequently and at great length and intensity, that you and your significant other(s) are enjoying a healthy relationship. I hope that I can continue to experience the world of auditory delight that this provides me, as it has kept me from resting or working excessively, which I would otherwise tend to do.

Version 3: Direct

Please move your bed away from the wall.

Version 4: Angry

Hey, asshole,
I have had it with the almost daily racket coming from your apartment. Your lack of regard for your neighbors is disgraceful. I am embarrassed to have company over because of you. If this continues, I'm going to do something about it.

Version 5: Gangsta

Yo.
If your bed don't stop rockin', I'm gonna come knockin'.

4 comments:

  1. I'm voting for the sarcastic note - thanks for the comment on my blog - I laughed out loud at the question you received from a student - then I read it aloud to Trevor and he laughed out loud too, followed quickly by a musing about the student perhaps needing some alibi for any one of many, many possible criminal activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. version 6: creepy enough to make him never bang on the wall again-

    "omg, it's so hot listening to you and tina go at it every night! i sit and listen next to the wall while i hold tina's picture in one hand and whack off with the other. oh, i've been meaning to ask you, would you ask tina to update her profile photo? i need to print a new one. my old one's gotten...well, you know.
    gotta run, but hey, three (heh) "thumbs" up, buddy!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Version 7: Steampunk

    "Your constant debauchery with that young harlot next door is interrupting my research. If it does not stop forthwith, I will be forced to demand satisfaction."

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could play the Arnold's Deepest Feelings remix really loud and see what happens. Or you could play some black metal really loud.

    Kawaika

    ReplyDelete