Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cyberpunk Soon?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/7676552.stm
In the cyberpunk novel I wrote last November for National Novel Writing Month (and haven't brushed up since, despite "meaning to" ever since), the characters can either plug a computer directly into their brains or, if they're not ready for that step, wear a headset that both sends and receives information.

Well, this isn't quite up to that point yet, but a headset that can act as an input (but, sadly, not yet an output) device is definitely getting there.

I don't know whether I'll do National Novel Writing Month this year. It really depends on how many of my friends decide to do it. In this case, I'll definitely just follow the crowd. If it feels like most people are passing it up, don't want to do it, or aren't really serious about it, I don't think I will put in the effort. But we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. i'm planning on doing nanowrimo....
    in fact, i'm really looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete