Monday, April 13, 2009

Another Dream

Last night, I had another one of those dreams. Better than any video game. I was a drow assassin armed with a sword and a laser gun working for a group of rebel soldiers on a space station. It started with me sneaking onto the station, since it was being surrounded by deep space monsters (looking like giant space ticks crossed with dogs). Then I crept through the deserted, rusting under layers which were populated by scavenging punk gangs. Then I arrived in the main control room to be greeted by cheers and praise; apparently, I was quite the hero. I came not a moment too soon, because the walls shattered, and a platoon of battle droids entered. After dispatching them in fierce fighting, we started planning a counter-attack to break free, but then the dream ended. My colleagues were all very interesting characters; I wish I could remember more of them. One of them was Toshiro Mifune in a battle suit. Those battle droids never stood a chance.

Sometimes, I think being asleep is better than being awake.

On a more melancholy note, sometimes I spend a lot of time reflecting on the friends I have lost or drifted away from. This life is far too transitory. I can too easily count the friends I've had for longer than five years, and it seems like that number is steadily decreasing. Leaving friends, like any habit, becomes easier the more I do it. I wish it wouldn't. I wish I had the strength to cling to those friendships more tightly; then again, maybe there is wisdom in letting them go if they're not worth the both of us trying to hold on.

1 comment:

  1. Toshiro Mifune in a battlesuit against battle droids? Once Mifune-san finishes his nap (since he can never truly die), we must make this movie.

    The part of the drow will be played by a genetic blend of Clint Eastwood, Bruce Lee, and Bruce Campbell known as "Two-Bruce Clint."

    ReplyDelete