Sunday, August 24, 2008

When Nature Attacks!

Yesterday, as I was catching a ride home with a friend of mine, I noticed something small and chitinous crawling under my pants near my ankle. I tried to shake it out, but a few minutes later I noticed it at my knee. I tried to flick it away, but again, it resurfaced near my hip. Ack! Finally I managed to shake it out of my pant leg after getting out of the vehicle, but that was an awfully interesting car ride.

I think Mother Nature has it in for me.

2 comments:

  1. when i was about 12 or so, i was driving with my mother along a country road at about twilight. all of a sudden, she began to yell, "AAH!! AAH!! AAH!!", swerved onto the shoulder of the road, flung open the door, and promptly dropped trou, only to begin hopping about in the road.
    i was, of course, mortified, and when she finally pulled up her pants and got back in the car, i demanded to know what she thought she was doing, in public no less.
    turns out a large june bug (look it up if you've never lived in the midwest) had crawled up her leg, and was determinedly scaling her leg with the proverbial everest in sight. this had inspired a certain understandable urgency to remove said bug from the aformentioned location.
    so, i suppose the moral of this story is be glad you weren't the one driving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time, just squash the bugger. If someone asks why you're beating your own leg, just say, "That's where they implanted the microchip!"

    ReplyDelete