Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The importance of being a jerk

It's just a random thought I had because of a comment on my last entry that very thoughtfully and accurately pointed out that another problem with cyberpunk is that people no longer question the Man and stand up for themselves, they revere the slavish goons of the corporate estate who do what they're told. I say it's good for people to call you an asshole once in a while. That means you're going your own way and showing people that you don't just blindly follow. You're taking chances and making waves. You're being an individual, and anything else is just wasted space. So be a jerk when it's important. Tell people they're just plain wrong. Don't compromise. The world was never changed by people who went with the flow. Passionate people make a difference.

This blog is brought to you by Toph, who always speaks her mind. Because Avatar: The Last Airbender is just that kind of awesome.

1 comment:

  1. In that case, please allow me to tell you what I really thought of your latest story. :P

    I agree, though. It's good to shake up the status quo. Especially if you're a blind Earthbender.

    ReplyDelete