Monday, June 16, 2008

That's no moon...

Remember the room with walls made of televisions in Fahrenheit 451? Well, I think you could make a wall out of this thing:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/sharp-rolls-out-gigantic-108inch-lcd-226761.php

Now to find a 108-inch space somewhere in your home to put this monster. To be frank, I really don't know how I'd deal with having something like this in my home. I feel like I'd wake up one morning to find that it had organized the lesser machines under its iron control, and the living room and kitchen had seceded to form Techopia.

The other question: how the hell do you install it? Does it come with the Russian Olympic weightlifting team to carry it into your house? Will you have to knock a hole in your wall to get it in, or do you just stick it on the floor and built up the walls around it?

If every 10 inches of screen is another 2 feet back of viewing distance, as they told me when I bought my TV, then you'll have to watch this thing from 20 feet away: in other words, you'll be watching from the next room.

Wow. Now that is high-tech.

2 comments:

  1. You'll be watching it from the next room. But it will be watching you *everywhere*...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look, the family's on tv again.

    ReplyDelete