Friday, June 13, 2008

Cyberpunk Music

As I draw my cyberpunk-inspired pictures or write my cyberpunk novel, I like to listen to music. Unfortunately, I don't have a great number of songs that put me in the right feel to slip into some techno-bar, have a drink, and talk about cybernetic implants with a big Russian named Shadow. Here is the list I have for my cyberpunk playlist in iTunes: any suggestions for what to add? Bonus if the song is available to buy on iTunes. Some aren't quite cyberpunk; feel free to point those out, too.

Blue Oyster Cult - Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Bodies - Drowning Pool
Coma White - Marilyn Manson
Personal Jesus - Marilyn Manson
Angel - Massive Attack
Teardrop - Massive Attack
Freiflug - Megaherz
Adios - Rammstein
Feel So Numb - Rob Zombie
Orchestra - The Servant
Zero - The Smashing Pumpkins
Lithium Flower - Ghost in the Shell SAC Soundtrack
One (Always Hardcore) - Scooter

2 comments:

  1. Definitely Lucretia My Reflection by The Sisters of Mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would Hangarmageddon (from the Doom remake) be considered Cyberpunky?

    Ich Bin Uber Alles by Hansel und Gretyl
    Circuitry by Project 86 (It's about circuits, how can it not be cyberpunk? Well, sorta...)

    Nothing by Prong? For shame, sir!

    ReplyDelete