Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Griping

Netflix has once again changed its layout. I'm not going to care enough to discontinue my service, since it's still way too freaking convenient to get new movies in the mail whenever I really want them (okay, more like two days after I really wanted to watch them, possibly four days if there's a weekend involved). But I am going to gripe about two things. First, the recommendation system continues to be idiotic, like a dope fiend who just got done shoveling half his brain into a tupperware bowl to save for later. According to my front page, because I enjoyed the classic Japanese samurai film Sanjuro, I should enjoy the first two seasons of Homicide. WHAT?! So appreciating Akira Kurosawa's masterwork epic about a travelling samurai should make me like a police drama set in Baltimore? Yeah, I'm sure that's reasonable to a computer, but a real person with half a wit would never make a connection like that. Also, the qeue used to say whether the movie I have waiting is DVD or Blu-ray. I really appreciated knowing which format the movie was coming in, so I'd know whether I'd be playing it on my TV (Blu-ray) or my computer (DVD). Now, I guess I kind of have to remember which is which. Or maybe they've decided to just make them all DVD. That would be a hoot.

My other bitch is about blogs. Now, I remember the days a big fat wall of text from a blog was considered (at least by me) respectable. The word is the mind at play, and what have you. In any case, it's a wonderful medium. These days, blogs are all people's pictures of their crotches, or else other peoples' crotches, or else that fun Rock Band party they had with Larry, Susy, and Sasquatch. It'll do for dogs, but men should have more to say. Yadda yadda. I'm starting to bore even myself now.

Stay away from sharp objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment