Saturday, October 22, 2011

Just a Little Friendly Ribbing

So I saw this ad at the bottom of a story by Cracked.com and I got a chuckle out of it, partially because it was on a story about people being obnoxious. The cheerful, clean-cut, good-looking young people embracing, the logo cut off by its own picture, and the general optimism of a dating site gave me a good giggle. Plus there's that motto, "Find God's Match for You", which they're proud enough of to trademark. As though God has a match for me, and this site is the way an all-powerful divine being is going to make that match known to me.



But then I had a weird idea. Dating sites usually (not that I'd know) have a drop-down menu that allows me to search for various combinations of sexes. For instance, there's usually the option of male/female searching for male/female/both. Some of the sites even have transgendered or "other" options. So I got curious: what would the sexuality options be like on this squeaky-clean Christian site? So I just had to click the link.



Yep. I reckon.

4 comments:

  1. You should start your own dating website. I can see the ad for it now:
    "Arkham Lunatics"
    Find Cthulhus match for you!tm
    Mad & Single?
    Ready for Insanity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to fhtagn alone any more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a mortal seeking an immortal.

    For some reason I'm reminded of this classic article.

    Doomfinger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cultist seeking ancient blasphemous deity for very short but highly committed relationship. Blood type A-. Fit, eats well, exercises. Nutritious.

    ReplyDelete