Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Something Cool I Never Knew About

I was just bumping around the internet, reading about things that interest me, when I came across this:



Hey, awesome! Universal Studios had a Conan live show in their tours! And sure, it might be based on the movie, but it's Conan, right?

Wait a second... why does a weedy guy pick up a sword and turn into a big musclebound dude? Does he have the power of Grayskull? And why is Red Sonja involved? Exactly what is this based on, anyway?

Okay, so this has absolutely nothing to do with Conan, but it must have been pretty kick ass to watch back in the day. As I've said before, I love cheesy fantasy almost as much as I enjoy quality fantasy. Swords, fire, animatronic dragon. What else does a boy need?

Apparently someone recorded the whole thing on a crappy camcorder (did they have any other sort in the late 80s/early 90s?). Enjoy the campy awesomeness!

3 comments:

  1. Good sir, you really need to start watching some quality swords and sorcery movies, so you can stop trawling Youtube for crap like this! Do you have Lord of the Rings on DVD/Blu-ray?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap? Did we watch the same video? Did you see the scene where he strikes down the mighty dragon? Or the part where the wizard turns to stone?

    On that note, no, I don't own those DVDs/Blu-Rays. Though I'd call it a stretch to say this is even in the same league, let along the same ball park, as the LotR movies.

    I'd say it's like the spirited local club team versus the major leagues. While it's good to sit down with a few thousand other fans, enjoy an overpriced hot dog, and cheer a game that a million people at home are watching on their HDTVs, it's also good to sit in the front row of some metal bleachers and watch your plumber try to knock one over the fence into the lumber yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you win. That analogy rocks. Making that Master's degree work for you, I see. :B

    ReplyDelete