Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Faith Betrayed

I watched Star Wars Episode 2 again today. In the past, I have defended Lucas because of all the things he's given me, characters and stories that have shaped me and given me great happiness. I have been loyal, and I have suffered and endured patiently. But no loyal servant deserves that. That movie is a travesty against the name of cinema. Not only is the dialogue horrible, the logic is completely incomprehensible. Why is there a secret army no one knew about? Why does Obi-Wan traipse around the galaxy following half-baked clues like a Jedi version of Carmen Sandigo? Whyyyy? Why couldn't they just debate and decide to FORM an army, rather than have to decide whether to USE THE ONE THAT MAGICALLY APPEARS? I believed in you, George. I TRUSTED YOU, GEORGE!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, dont you dare drag Carmen Sandigo into this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the Darths & Droids version, while horribly convoluted and confusing, still makes a lot more logical sense and makes for a better story than the actual movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give in to hate. That leads to the Dark Side.

    ReplyDelete